Mga Pahina

Biyernes, Disyembre 13, 2013

Don't Want to Become Gastador Anymore? Here is One Way I Do It.

For the most part of my life, I was a one-day-millionaire guy. Meaning, I was used to spending my salary like there is no tomorrow. Before I know it, tomorrow arrives and I have to endure and struggle surviving about fourteen days before the next pay day. That horrible cycle of life went on for a very long time. I bet you can not lie. Perhaps, the same thing happens to you too. 

Well, I got bored with that kind of life. I no longer want that. So here is a one way how I managed  to change my way albeit slowly....



Compute your hourly rate.

Yes, as simple as that. One way to wake yourself up is to slap your own self.  Well, not literally. I mean, slap your own psyche or mind with practical reality. Be honest, how much do you earn hourly? Supposing you work 20 days a month after deducting four Sundays and four Saturdays. Supposing, too, you got paid a 10-day, 8 hours/day, work if your payroll comes every 15th and 30th. And let us suppose also your net income is PhP8,000.00 every payday. 

Your hourly rate:

    10 days * 8 hours/day = 80 hours  

   Hourly rate = PhP8,000/80 hours
                     = PhP100/hour

Based on the simple computation, your hourly rate is PhP100 per hour. This means for every hour you work, you earn PhP100.00.

Now, supposing you are a trendy human being and that you tend to covet to have every product you see in TV commercials. Here, they have just shown you a new Ipad model (pardon me, I am not sure of the spelling), with lots of new features you think were so exciting about. Your really want that Ipad. But the price is, say, PhP9,000.00. 

Compute how many hours you must work for that Ipad. How many days? Does that worth it? 

Or you are used at dining out whenever barkadas invite you. Say you eat at the minimum cost of PhP200.00. How many hours do you work for that meal? You may opt for a better alternative like cooking your own food or make baon. Or buy from your workmates who sell food. Not only that you help your workmate earn, you only help yourself by spending much lesser for the same utility for the gastric need. 

It is easy, is it not? Computing your hourly rate somehow tells you in bold terms what real worth some material possessions have relative to the sweat, ass and back pain you endure every hour. 

Employ the same technique to every other stuffs you wanted to buy. 

I am changing my one-day-millionaire habit into something big. I simply want to become a true millionaire for the rest of my life. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento