Mga Pahina

Linggo, Disyembre 1, 2013

Why Do Poor People Stay Poor? It's the Mindset, Stupid!

Ok, the right question should be on the first person, on my person. Thus, why do I stay poor?

My immediate excuse why I am poor up to this day is: I was born in a poor family. My parents are poor. My mother came from a poor family. My father is a fisherman and my mother is a plain housewife. So with both of them poor, what would I expect to have? Apparently, that is the very cause why I am up to this day poor.

Not that I don’t have a work today. I have a work. But my work did not make me richer. I am still the same as I was.

Yet what I am actually pointing out is the real reason why I am still poor. The real reason I have found out is that I carry a mindset that was very difficult to notice.
image from www.occupy.com


I was born with a family with a mindset of poor human beings. I was surrounded by people who only think within the box of just enough survival and not outside the box of poverty. From parents, relatives, siblings, village people, all of them contributed to the financial psyche I held for a very long time.


I was in a perfect poverty comfort zone with them through out the years. That mindset, I suspect, had been imbedded in my genes, mixed with my blood, stored in my bone marrow and programmed in my brain. And the adverse consequence is that I lived it out up to this moment.

It was difficult to break the chain of a poor man’s habit. Fortunately, poverty ignited my spirit for good. I was lucky to have not soured my own soul that I already begun to implement ways to change my way of life. I got tired of just surviving. I woke up that there must be things I can do to finally change my pity financial condition.

Every person has a comfort zone. Mine was an unlucky one for I have started in a zone of poor people who are contented to just survive the day. Isang kahig isang tuka is my best description of it. I want to make isang kahig isang milyong tuka.

I am not yet rich. But I already consider myself one. I have the intent and the plan and already started implementing these plans to become a truly rich man soon.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento