Mga Pahina

Lunes, Nobyembre 25, 2013

Noting Manny Pacquiao’s Humility Even in Fame

OK off-road topic muna. About my sports hero, Manny Pacquiao!

His boxing skill can not be doubted to be one of the best, if not the only best. And people can’t run out of praise and favorable opinions on Pacman’s ability in the boxing ring.


But his boxing prowess is not the only thing in Manny that is worth noting. More notable, for me, is his human character. He is superbly naturally humble. Yes he is a ferocious fighter in the ring but I did not fail to notice his compassion towards his opponents. I can feel he is compassionate.

One fight I can not forget was his fight with David Diaz. Somewhere in one round, he knocked Diaz down. Manny’s reaction was to help Diaz up to stand. But of course the referee would not let that happen. It is a protocol for a fighter to go to a neutral corner while the referee is counting 8 on the fallen boxer. But Manny did not celebrate. And he never went to the neutral corner of the ring. With his gloved hand he attempted to pull Diaz up to stand. The act certainly astonished me. Wow. This man has a big heart I thought.

Watch this video at 2:26 (pacquiao vs diaz round 9)

Or this with Antonio Margarito when Manny looked at the referee hinting the referee to step in stop the fight.

Manny’s character doesn’t change in winning and in losing a fight I believe. At times he lost a fight, I have yet to hear him that he wasn’t hurt at all as opposed to most losing boxers in a post-fight interviews would blurt they were never hurt. Manny does not do that. If he lost, his tone is like, hey man, it is just the way it is. He has no pretensions. He never feels ashamed he lost a fight.

And when he wins, he simply celebrates the victory. But he does not brag about it. He does not say he beat the shit out of his opponents face. He acknowledges his opponents gave a real fight and was thankful about it.

Manny’s down to earth character is what naturally draws people to him. I am one of these people. He is my idol not because he is great at what he does in the ring. He is my idol because he has a great human character.

Many is a teacher for me both in character and in physical fitness. I am a fan of running. And Manny’s way of training comes to me whenever I train in my own way. He does not know me of course. But by the way he naturally displays his conduct, I know he teaches me in a silent and sublime manner.

Manny Pacquiao with his character never cease to amaze me. 





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento