Mga Pahina

Lunes, Nobyembre 11, 2013

The Earlier, The Better

According to estimate, Filipino life span is in the average of 70 years. But supposing active lifestyle stops at 60 years, I think putting the average active lifespan on this age is reasonable.

Whenever I think about investing, I found that this numerical estimate is very useful in always encouraging myself to actively invest. Also in speaking with others I usually start the conversation with knowing their age.

How much time do I get?

Put simply, I am already 31. Taking the average lifespan, I still have 29 years to go. So far, the oldest person I talked with regards to investing is a 58 year-old cab driver. He still has 2 active years to go by. That is already a very short time when taking into consideration the active lifespan of 60. For me, I got a much longer mileage as far as investing is concerned.

Investing and life span seem to me have a reasonable connection. This connection compels the mind to act now on things which were left out in the past and to do things knowing that there is still a plenty of time to go. Somehow, the topic of investing is more concretize if lifespan and the remaining years to live is taken into account.

The point is, when it comes to investing, the earlier the better.

But of course, to always put it in a positive perspective, there is never been a time too late to invest. No matter what age an individual has, investing will always be in good timing whenever it starts. Provided, it starts NOW. No better time to start investing than now. Not tomorrow.

Never allow today to become another yesterday.

Not few people lament it is already too late for them to start and also others would say how they wish they have started investing earlier. That was also my thoughts. But as part of constantly inspiring myself, I encourage them that there is no such thing as late.

I emphasized that everyday will always the best day to start.

Lamenting and regretting for starting late in investment was also my experience. It was caused by the thought that those wasted time could have been the deciding factor and could have made a huge difference in my financial standing today. I surely regretted to have lost what could have been. However, that is a mind trick that can be overcome easily. Lost opportunities are a forgone story. Dwelling to ‘what could have been’ is useless when not utilized as an inspiration to make thing better this time on. It is already enough that I knew that it is regrettably so. What comes next should be to ask myself what is next best move now?

The next best move now is undoubtedly to begin investing today.


Once investing starts, the regrets of not starting it years back will go away like a smoke. Everything refreshes to now and my focus resets for the financial freedom in a few years from now. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento