I bought my first PSE stocks on
July 2013. My first buy was a minimum Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
stocks with the price of PhP92.9/share. I was so excited to finally have done
it. And in the succeeding months I bought the same amount of BPI stocks with a
slightly lower price.
A year ago, I never knew anything
about stock investing and how people are doing it.
My actual introduction to stock investing
came with a mutual fund. With a mutual fund I learned things about PSEi stocks
and how they are traded. Mutual fund to me is an intermediary to direct stock
investing, a sort of a middle man who is doing the investing on my behalf. In
here, my money is entrusted to an investment house (an investment company) in
exchange for a fee. The investment house does the investing strategies, does
the choosing what kind of portfolio it must maintain. I don’t have a hand on
these. In stock investing, I don’t need the middle man. I do the investing
myself. I choose what company stocks to buy, how long I will maintain it, when
to sell it and more. All I need is open an account with a stockbroker and make
my trades in the market through that stock broker.
I found out stock investing is
simpler than what I thought previously. I thought it is only for the rich
people who have lots of money to spend. But I was wrong. Even poor people who
are keen at investing can participate in stock investing. The minimum amount to
open an account is PhP5,000.00.
I chose to have an online
stockbroker. To me it is much more dynamic. It allows me to have a direct and
immediate hand on my investments through internet.
Basic knowledge of stock
investing includes:
- Choosing my stock broker
Stock broker can
either through phone or online. There are 10 online stockbrokers in PSEi. I
opted for Colfinancial.
- Opening my stock account
Starting an
account with Colfinancial is at a minimum of PhP5,000.00 only. I made a
personal visit to their main office located at Ortigas, Pasig .
- Buying my first stocks
Remember the
opening fee of PhP5,000.00? The good thing is that the said amount is
consumable. Meaning, the account holder can use it right away to purchase
stocks.
That’s it. Not that complicated. However
there is an important thing. Stock investing is just one of the many vehicles
of money-making. As like any other investments, there is a risk. It is needed
to have diligence and patience in stock investing.
I am in a long-term investment
when it comes to stocks. This is my retirement program. I intend to become a [multi-]millionaire when I retire.

Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento