My kids remind me one memorable event during my grade school years. They remind me of the time when my school teacher asked all of us in our class what we would want to be when we grow up. As a kid, I was excited. And I begun thinking what would I wanted to be.
Some kids wanted to be teachers. Other kids wanted to be policemen, firefighters, doctors, nurses and employees. None of what I have heard wanted to be a fisherman or a farmer. I now know because our community is a village of fishermen and farmers. Obviously no kids wanted to follow their parents. They wanted to become someone not like their parents.
Anyway, what others had said is nothing compared to what I was about to say to the whole class. When my teacher, an old woman, came to ask me what I wanted to be, I replied, "I want to be a JANITOR ma'am!". My teacher had a strange but smiling look at me. Most of the kids in our class laughed to what I said. I don't know why.
I never knew what janitor really meant that day. I just heard it a day before and I thought it was a good job anyone should take. I was even excited to say it thinking it's a job like doctors, policemen, etc.
Fast forward to where I am now with me having kids of my own.
It came to me, why not teach my kids a very different thing? Instead of the typical schooler's reply to the typical teacher's question of what kids wanted to be, I came up with a better idea.
My kids simply wanted to be multi-millionaires!
I think that is a better mindset , is it not?


Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento