![]() |
| Medical expenses again |
For two weeks commencing on
November 18, 2013, my wife had to visit the hospital almost everyday. She
discovered 4 mass around her neck. She was so nervous about it. I understand
her why. Her mother’s death came because of lymphoma. Lymphoma is a lymph node
cancer. Nobody wants that.
Anyway, this article is not meant
to tackle what my wife might have on her neck. My subject is mainly how was I,
with her, coping up with the financial demand attending her two-week hospital
consultations.
My wife stays in the province.
But she has to make it to Manila
for her medical checkup. Various expenses had to be expected. This included the
budget for transportation, food and outpatient medicines.
The hospital medical procedures
and laboratories were not included in the budget. These expenses were well
covered by my health card. I was somehow lucky to have listed her as my
dependent. If it were not, she could not have even come here. For sure I can
never afford those medical procedures.
So, my budgeting was focused on
transportation, food and medicines. My expense estimate stands at PhP17,000.00
for two weeks. It was nice that I and my wife managed to survive, albeit I was
really financially drained out.
Luckily my wife brought some
money with her. And I got some too. She twice told me that she was running out
of money. So as I. But I assure her that money
can be earned back. What was more important was for her to be checked by the
doctors and be healed whatever is on her neck.
Looking back, I can smile a bit.
My profits from my prior “sidelines”
helped me budget the emergency health concern of my family. My salary was not
really enough. I must admit that.
Without my sidelines, where the hell would I get the money for my wife’s
medical checkup?
![]() |
| A healthy family |
It is really good to have some
money for any emergency. But this recent medical spending brought me back to
zero on my emergency savings. Honestly I am zero right now. That exposes one of
my continuing financial failures: the failure to save enough. It could
have been better if I have an ample source that can not be drained.
The apparent problem I just
mentioned just drives me more to improve my existing sources of income and to
come-up for more efficient sidelines for me to save more. My financial battle
story could be your financial story too.


Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento