Mga Pahina

Lunes, Disyembre 2, 2013

Why Did I Create Engot the Rich Blog?

A future millionaire
My kids will never stay babies. They will grow in no time. This blog is for them. I want that someday, maybe ten years from now, I will forever 'infect' them with a millionaire mindset. This blog would serve as my financial record of what I was.

Financial knowledge I know is no more taught in gradeschools, specially public schools, like it should be. Much of what schools teach is about how to be a good citizen and never been more about how to be a productive individual. I hope to fill the gap for my kids.

Learning at an early age about finance management is one of the things that never happened to me. Yes, there were instance that I saved in a piggy bank. But it is more of an abstract idea driven by an abstract motivation why I do it. Only lately that I understood what saving in a piggy really mean. If only there was someone in my younger years who tried to nurture me on matters about money, who knows, I could have been raking the fruits of early learning now. I was spent in a poor man’s paradigm for so long before I woke up from it.


But I know that an understanding [of whatever subject] could not come before its time. Financial intelligence does not precede financial experience. Experience has to come first. Intelligence is next. I am glad experience, though it did not come at my young age, it did come not too late. And thus I still have the chance to do something different from what my ancestors got used to. My elders got used to being poor. No instance where in there was a palpable motivation or drive for them to change things for the better. I believe they were all like me when I was a kid that dropping a coin in a piggy bank is more of an abstract and short-sighted treatment of the future.

My kids are my inspiration in my financial adventure. And through this blog I could help myself well in acquiring enough and pertinent knowledge. And only by teaching myself today that I may teach well my kids in the future. This blog will someday serve as my footnote, a very important one, in my attempt to teach my kids.
My daughters

Other people, family or not, may learn from it too. Perhaps this blog would also someday help my younger sister, who is still in college, in enhancing her financial understanding. She reminds me a lot about my own self on my awkward treatment about money. At one summer break, I suggested to her to sell fried chicken in front of our house since she has no other things to do. Expectedly she refused. Nahiya daw sya baka kantyawan daw sya barkada nya. In get the feeling. What she really wanted was to apply as a crew in a popular fastfood chain. That kind of thinking was surely influenced by the system of education we have today. People are taught to become slavish compliant or obedient employees to bosses than becoming bosses themselves; a fast food crew than an owner of a fried chicken stall.

This blog would certainly help me destroy my reluctance to engage on financial matters freely. I had lots of intimidation going on in my head mainly in the form of fear. Will I make it? Will I be successful? I hope to see myself free from financial fear. And when I am free of fear, I will be confident in teaching my kids.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento